This kale chip recipe is made with just five ingredients, making it an easy and healthy treat for your kids. (Don't believe us? Check out our video at the end of this story! You'll see kids really do love it!) These kale chips are easy to make and have on hand for a healthy snack any time of year!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes, but may vary
- Bunch of kale
- Tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Teaspoon salt
- Teaspoon garlic powder
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove thicker stalks and stems from kale leaves.
- Wash and dry the kale thoroughly and place in a bowl.
- Add in oil, salt, garlic, and lemon zest and lightly toss.
- Bake about 10 minutes on a nonstick baking sheet until the edges are just getting brown, but not dark or burnt.
Let cool and enjoy!
See how easy it is to make kale chips in this fun video from Laura Miller, publisher of Macaroni Kid Appleton-Waupaca-Oshkosh, Wisc.! (This little chef is allergic to lemon, so she substituted black pepper.)
Macaroni Kid Upper West Side is the family fun go-to source for the latest and most comprehensive information in our area. Subscribe for FREE today and receive a one-year free parenting magazine subscription on us!