This Iced Poppy Seed Lemon Loaf recipe is a perfect dessert for those who love the bright and zesty flavors of lemon. Every bite tastes like spring!
The loaf is light and fluffy and the lemon icing adds a tangy sweetness that complements the tartness of the lemon perfectly.
This Iced Poppy Seed Lemon Loaf is easy to follow and will leave you with a delicious springtime treat to enjoy with friends and family.
Iced Poppy Seed Lemon Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
Lynne Mitchell | Canva
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, poppy seeds, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the loaf is cooling, make the icing by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Once the loaf is completely cool, drizzle the icing over the top of the loaf. Slice and serve!
Enjoy your delicious poppy seed lemon iced loaf!
Brigette Schroeder is the publisher of Macaroni KID Yorkville - Geneva - St. Charles, Ill.